Open collaboration and open Digital Twin infrastructure for Green Smart Shipping
- Support shipping companies in achieving up to 20% reduction in CO2e with a 2026 horizon, by developing and deploying real-time configurable DTs for ship and fleet operational performance optimisation in 4 Living Labs involving shipping companies, with different vessel types, and establishing fully validated industry services for Green Shipping Operational Optimisation DTs expected to be adopted by 1000+ ships by 2030.
- Establish a comprehensive zero-emission shipping methodology and support Virtual Testbed and Decision Support Systems that address both new builds and retrofits comprising:
- a. A DT4GS (Green Shipping) Dataspace for the broader shipping sector contributing to GAIA-X by establishing a core European industry resource that accelerates the green and digital transition of waterborne shipping and transport value chains.
- Simulation based solutions to retrofit ships, targeting 55% reduced CO2e reduction by 2030.
- A smart green “new-build” reference design per vessel type.
- Virtual Testbed services for reducing the cost of physical testing of GS solutions by 20%.
Project coordinator: INLECOM Group
Project information: This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon Europe research and innovation program under grant agreement no. 101056799