We are happy to hear that the preparation of the FAIRway2 are ongoing! The goal of the study “Preparing FAIRway 2 works in the Rhine-Danube corridor” (July 2020 – April 2024) is to bring the Danube waterway infrastructure forward in an efficient, sustainable and user-oriented way. It takes up core aspects of the TEN-T flagship project “FAIRway Danube” and develops them further in order to have them ready for implementation in a follow-up project.
In a nutshell:
– is a joint, EU co-financed project of Austria, Croatia and Serbia
– investigates on possible integrated river engineering projects of the Croatian-Serbian common Danube section, considering inputs of a multidisciplinary stakeholder forum
– specifies the further development of the transnational waterway management system (WAMOS)
– develops a method for improved stakeholders` coordination and involvement
– prepares construction and upgrading measures of mooring places in Austria, Croatia and Serbia
The project cost amount to EUR 3 292 000 and are co-funded by the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) of the European Union.
Read more on viadonau website and download their newsletter on the subject!
The information are also to be found on the European Commission website.
Photo source: viadonau website