The European Commission launched the first call for proposals under the new Connecting Europe Facility (CEF2). Deadlines (single-stage) for submitting the proposals is set for 19 January 2022.
CINEA has launched a call for proposals under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) for Transport funding instrument, that will make EUR 7 billion available for projects aiming to build, upgrade and improve European transport infrastructure.
What projects are eligible for funding?
The call for proposals supports Actions under the General, Cohesion and Military Mobility envelopes concerning:
• Infrastructure projects on the Core and Comprehensive TEN-T (railways, inland waterways, maritime and inland ports, roads, rail-road terminals and multimodal logistics platforms)
• Smart applications for transport (ERTMS, ITS, SESAR, RIS, etc.)
• Transport interoperability
• Alternative fuels infrastructure, including electricity fast-charging and hydrogen refuelling infrastructure on the TEN-T road network. As regards recharging points for EVs & HDVs only, the exact eligibility has to be checked online on this map (select “layers” then “AFIF eligibility maps”).
• Motorways of the Sea
• Multimodal passenger hubs
• Reduction of rail freight noise
• Safe and secure parking infrastructure
• Road safety
• Improvement of transport infrastructure resilience, in particular to climate change and natural disasters
• Adaptation of transport infrastructure for Union external border checks purposes
• Adaptation of the TEN-T to civilian-defence dual-use (Military Mobility envelope)
All relevant information on the call for proposals was communicated during the recent virtual info days.
Recordings of both events are available online for viewing:
– 27 September 2021 on all the call’s priorities except alternative fuels – WATCH HERE
– 14 October 2021 specifically for alternative fuels – WATCH HERE
The list of projects (and studies) and financing can be consulted here.
The list of national contact points can be found here.
IWT Platform team